- Welcome to Florida
- The state Web site is a first stop for information about Florida.
- Florida QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
- Explore Florida's facts and figures, from population statistics to economic indicators.
- Florida State Government
- This site features direct links to an array of Florida-related information, including official government Web sites, laws, taxes, and other general resources.
Education Resources for Florida
- Your Florida Department of Education
- The state's Department of Education Web site is an invaluable resource. Select For Educators for information on curriculum planning, Sunshine State Standards, and the FCAT.
- Florida Education Association
- The state teacher's association provides information on topics of interest to educators, plus a list of online resources.
- Educational Resources for Florida
- The U.S. Department of Education provides this list of links to state and federal educational resources.
- The Florida Center for Instructional Technology
- This Web site provides resources for using technology in education. There are also staff development guides focusing on some FCAT strands.
State Teacher Organizations
- Florida Reading Association
- The FRA Web site offers information on conferences, awards and grants, and publications.
- Florida Council of the Teachers of English
- The FCTE Web site provides information on membership, conferences, and web awards.
- Florida Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- The FCTM is the local affiliate of the NCTM.
- Florida Association of Science Teachers
- The FAST provides professional development, Internet resources, and information on awards, events, and conferences.
- Florida Council for the Social Studies
- The FCSS Web site contains information on awards and grants, conferences, and Web resources.
- Here you will find a political map showing major towns and rivers.
- Color Landform Atlas: Florida
- This site contains topographical and political maps to the county level for Florida, as well as a menu of links to other online information about the state.
- Museum of Florida History
- Take an online look at some of the collections at the Museum of Florida History.
- These pages from the Library of Congress focus on interesting moments in Florida's history.
- The Golden Crescent
- The National Park Service presents this Web site about the fertile area where Georgia and Florida meet. Featured topics include the Mound Builders, African Americans, and Plantation Agriculture.
- Exploring Florida
- This excellent Web site from the Florida Center for Instructional Technology has a wealth of online multimedia resources related to Florida history. Florida Then & Now includes lesson plans with FCAT style questions.
- The Seminole Tribe of Florida
- The Seminole Tribe of Florida shares information about their history and culture.
- Florida Indians
- This Web site from the Pelotes Island Nature Preserve offers an overview of Native American life in Florida.
- The Unconquered Seminoles
- Absolutely Florida Magazine provides this illustrated article about the Seminoles.
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida
- Here you will find online exhibits, a sampling of the museum's collection, and information on the history of Southern Florida.
- Florida Museum of Natural History
- Select Virtual Exhibits for an array of features on Florida's natural history. Research and Collections links to information about anthropology and Florida's wildlife.
- Florida Association of Museums
- At this Web site you can plan a trip to a local museum or take a virtual visit to one that is farther away.
- South Florida Community College Museum of Florida Art And Culture
- The Virtual Exhibits at this site include paintings by African Americans, and photographs of Seminoles.
Nature and the Environment
- SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Animals—Animal Information
- Here you can learn about the animals and fish that live at these Florida theme parks.
- The Everglades Ecosystem
- For information on the history, animals, and ecosystem of the Florida Everglades, visit this National Park Services Web site.
- Nature Springs Eternal
- This PBS Web site explores Florida's springs and pools and examines their inhabitants.
- Frogs and Toads of Florida
- Florida Wildlife Extension gives you an up-close look at the state's frogs and toads.
- Florida Panther Net
- Here you will find lesson plans, online activities, and information about the Florida panther.
- Endangered Species
- Florida Power & Light provides information about the state's endangered species.
- The American Alligator
- Here you can learn about Florida's state reptile.
For Florida Kids
- Fish Biology Just For Kids
- Kids can learn about sharks and fish at this Web site.
- Timucua Kid Page
- This page tells students about one of Florida's early Native American tribes. Activities are included.
- Florida Citrus Land For Kids
- At this Web site kids will find activities, games, and information about the citrus industry.
- Quick Facts: Florida
- “Ben's Guide to the U.S. Government,” from the U.S. Printing office, runs down fun Florida facts, including the state motto, flower, and song.
- Florida Kids Page
- The Florida kids' site gives students a look at their state and museums, Florida folklife, archaeology, history, and more.
- Florida Fun Facts
- The U.S. Census Bureau provides students with a set of statistics about Florida.