Below are links to various materials we've created to support students' work on the unit theme: Movement and Transformation.
- Unit Bibliography: This is a list of supplementary materials to help you to meet the needs of individual students in your classroom.
- Classroom Activities: To extend instruction, here are some creative activities you can print and use in your classroom.
- Theme Project Organizer: This is a worksheet you can print and distribute to students to help them track their work on the Theme Project.
- Theme Project Links: Here are Internet resources for students to use while working on the Theme Project.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Think Like a Geographer” feature for this
unit: How Did Immigrants Affect Vancouver?
- Dr. Sun Yet-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- Nestled behind the high white walls in Vancouver's Chinatown is the exquisite Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden. Take a virtual walk through the garden of a Ming Dynasty Scholar.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Citizenship” feature for this unit: What Are You Proud Of?
- The Pledge of Allegiance: A Short History
- This site contains a brief essay on the history of the Pledge of Allegiance. Topics of this essay include why author Francis Bellamy developed the pledge, and how portions of the pledge have been modified over time.