Below are links to various materials we've created to support students' work on the unit theme: Encounters.
- Unit Bibliography: This is a list of supplementary materials to help you to
meet the needs of individual students in your classroom.
- Classroom Activities: To extend instruction, here are some creative activities you can print and use in your classroom.
- Theme Project Organizer: This is a worksheet you can print and distribute to students to help them track their work on the Theme Project.
- Theme Project Links: Here are Internet resources for students to use while working on the Theme Project.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Think Like a Geographer” feature for this
unit: How Did Buffalo Survive in a Changing World?
- Texas Natural History Collection
- Part of the Texas Memorial Museum at the University of Texas, this site provides virtual visits to the museum's vertebrate natural history collections and an online searchable database and links to other University of Texas and external natural history resources.
Internet resources can be used to support instruction of the “Citizenship” feature for this unit: How Do You Celebrate Your Traditions?
- The Institute of Texan Cultures has a Web site chockfull of information about the many groups whose traditions contribute to Texas life.