Below are links to various materials we've created to support students' work on the unit theme: Our Land.
- Unit Bibliography: This is a list of supplementary materials to help you to meet the needs
of individual students in your classroom.
- Classroom Activities: To extend instruction, here are some creative activities you can print
and use in your classroom.
- Theme Project Organizer: This is a worksheet you can print and distribute to students to help them
track their work on the Theme Project.
- Theme Project Links: Here are Internet resources for students to use while working on the Theme
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Think Like a Geographer” feature for this unit:
How Does a Geographer Study Regions?
- Color Landform Atlas of the United States
- The Color Landform Atlas of the United States contains topographical and political maps to the county level
for each of the fifty states. Each state link brings up a menu of links to maps and other online information about the state.
- Welcome to the USGS - U.S. Geological Survey
- The U.S. Geological Survey Home Page hosts a large number of educational resources for teachers and students interested in cartography,
geography, and related subjects, as well as a variety of fact sheets, links to related educational sites, and more. You can also order USGS
materials from this site.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Citizenship” feature for this unit: How Can You
- Keep America Beautiful, Inc.
- Here you will find tips for how kids can help preserve the environment.