Below are links to various materials we've created to support students' work on the unit theme: Exploration and Encounter.
- Unit Bibliography: This is a list of supplementary materials to help you to
meet the needs of individual students in your classroom.
- Classroom Activities: To extend instruction, here are some creative activities you can print and use in your classroom.
- Theme Project Organizer: This is a worksheet you can print and distribute to students to help them track their work on the Theme Project.
- Theme Project Links: Here are Internet resources for students to use while working on the Theme Project.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Think Like a Geographer” feature for this
unit: How Did the Location of Fort Wayne Encourage Settlement?
- Fort Wayne History
- This site is an excellent source for resources related to the history of Fort Wayne, Indiana. Included, are links to biographies of key historical figures, historical museums, sites, organizations, and resources. The site is maintained by the Department of History, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne.
The Internet be used to support instruction of the “Citizenship” feature for this unit: How Can You Help?
- River Otter Fun Facts
- River otters are back in Indiana! Meet this returning state resident in a Web site from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Follow the link at the end of the selection for more in depth information about the river otter.