Below are links to various materials we've created to support students' work on the unit theme: Land of Opportunity.
- Classroom Activities: To extend instruction, here are some creative activities you can print and use in your classroom.
- Theme Project Organizer: This is a worksheet you can print and distribute to students to help them track their work on the Theme Project.
- Theme Project Links: Here are Internet resources for students to use while working on the Theme Project.
Internet resources can be used to support instruction of the “Think Like a Geographer” feature for this
unit: How Were Arkansas' Boundaries Established?
- Color Landform Atlas: Arkansas
- The Color Landform Atlas of the United States contains topographical and political maps to the county level for each of the fifty states.
This URL brings you directly to a menu of links to maps and other online information about the state of Arkansas.
Internet resources can be used to support instruction of the “Citizenship” feature for this unit: How Can You Help?
- Keep America Beautiful, Inc.
- Here you will find tips for how kids can help preserve the environment.