Below are links to various materials we've created to support students' work on the unit theme: Depending on One Another.
- Unit Bibliography: This is a list of supplementary materials to help you to meet the needs of individual students in your classroom.
- Classroom Activities: To extend instruction, here are some creative activities you can print and use in your classroom.
- Theme Project Organizer: This is a worksheet you can print and distribute to students to help them track their work on the Theme Project.
- Theme Project Links: Here are Internet resources for students to use while working on the Theme Project.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Think Like a Geographer” feature for this
unit: How Do Goods Travel Around the World?
- American Association of Port Authorities: Ports and Education
- The American Association of Port Authorities provides an array of useful resources. You can download a coloring book, learn about “Oceans: Your Connection to the World,” and check out links to lesson plans, crosswords, and other useful sites.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Citizenship” feature for this unit: How Does Cooperating Make Work Easier?
- The International Boundary and Water Commission
- This site is the official homepage of the International Boundary and Water Commission, the commission formed by the governments of the United States and Mexico to resolve problems and disputes related to the U.S.-Mexico boundary. This site contains a boundary map, updates on the Rio Grande water storage conditions, and summaries on the treaties and agreements forged by the two nations over the last century.