Below are links to various materials we've created to support students' work on the unit theme: Change.
- Unit Bibliography: This is a list of supplementary materials to help you to meet the needs of individual students in your classroom.
- Classroom Activities: To extend instruction, here are some creative activities you can print and use in your classroom.
- Theme Project Organizer: This is a worksheet you can print and distribute to students to help them track their work on the Theme Project.
- Theme Project Links: Here are Internet resources for students to use while working on the Theme Project.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Think Like a Geographer” feature for this
unit: How Did Settlers Use Rivers as Roads?
- Navigation Information Connection
- Part of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineer's Navigation Information Guide, this site presents an extensive index to information related to inland rivers in the United States. Includes are links to both current and historical data on infrastructure and transportation, maps and charts, and historical pictures of river boats, particularly of the Mississippi River.
Here are links to Internet resources that can be used to support instruction of the “Citizenship” feature for this unit: What Do Schools Cost?
- Economic Education Web
- The Center for Economic Education at the University of Nebraska at Omaha has assembled this treasure trove of economic education resources, including links to economic information and data, K-12 curriculum materials, economic education contacts, and much more. A comprehensive, well-organized resource.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics tells all about what it takes to become a teacher.