Honor Special People
Students design a postage stamp to honor a special person. Students identify people who
have made a difference, analyze why people commemorate others, and describe ways
individuals can help others.
You can use an
Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
WHAT YOU NEED
WHAT TO DO
- Postage stamps honoring people
Share Your Postage Stamp with Others!
- Look at stamps that honor special people.
- Make a list of people who are special to you.
- Pick one person to honor.
- Design a postage stamp that shows why that person is special.
- Explain how your postage stamp shows why the person is special.
- Tell how you would want to be remembered on a postage stamp.
Activity Search |
Reading Center |
Math Center |
Social Studies Center
Education Place |
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom, provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.