Cultures, Geography, Reading
In this activity students map the route and highlights of a trip. They trace the route on a map, identify and locate tourist attractions, and explore the state.
You can use an Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
- state map
- glue or paste
What to Do
- List places in your state you would like to visit.
- Locate each place on the state map.
- Trace a line along the roads that go to each place.
- Find pictures in magazines or make drawings of the places you want to visit. Paste each picture on a piece of paper and add a brief description of what you will do there. Then paste the pictures on the map.
- Attach a string with pushpins from each place on the map to the picture.
- Give your map a title.
Share Your Vacation Plans with Others!
- Describe how you planned your route.
- Tell a story about the place you most want to visit.