Make a Map
- Assumes a creative approach in designing the playground, the playground map,
and its symbols.
- Successfully reads other maps and suggests changes to improve them.
- Takes initiative in the exercise and encourages others to be involved.
- Helps plan the playground and shows an understanding of the relationship between
the map, its symbols, and the map key.
- Works with others to read and analyze another group's map.
- Actively participates and respects the opinions of others.
- May help plan the playground but does not contribute to map or symbol preparation.
- Is unable to follow another group's map without help.
- Pays only slight attention to the group's discussion and makes minimum contributions.
- Does not work with others to plan and create the map.
- Needs one-on-one help to interpret a map.
- Lack of response to the ideas of others indicates that child does not clearly
understand the activity.
Activity Search |
Reading Center |
Math Center |
Social Studies Center
Education Place |
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom, provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.