How to Make a History Map
- Use the reference sources to locate information about the state (or states)
you are studying.
- Find five interesting events that happened in that state.
- Write the date for each event on an large index card. (Make your numbers
large and easy to read.) Then write one sentence that describes what
happened and one telling why it is interesting.
- On the large map, find where the event happened. Attach your card at that
- Now look up the name of a famous person who was born in that state or who is related to your event. (An
almanac is a good place to look for this kind of information.) Learn what you
can about that person and make a card for him or her. Give the person's birth and death dates
and describe what he or she did. Add the card to the map.