City, Suburb, or Country
- Assumes a creative approach in selecting the pictures and designing the word web.
- Is able to follow the directions and encourages others to participate.
- Identifies characteristic items found in a city, suburb, or country setting and is
able to convey that to others.
- Helps find the pictures and designs the word web.
- Is able to follow the directions and is self-motivated.
- Either has trouble identifying characteristic items or is unable to explain them
- May help find the pictures but does not help design the word web.
- Understands the directions but needs to be prodded.
- Can only identify characteristic items from a city, suburb, or country setting with
help from others.
- Requires one-on-one attention in order to select pictures and does not appreciate how
a word web describes a place.
- Needs considerable prompting to participate in the activity.
- Is unable to identify characteristic items from a city, suburb, or country setting.
Activity Search |
Reading Center |
Math Center |
Social Studies Center
Education Place |
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom, provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.