Students map the events of the year with a timeline. Students identify our national holidays, make and use a timeline, and appreciate the unique nature and shared values of family celebrations.
You can use an Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
- crayons or markers
What to Do
- Make a timeline that shows a full year.
- Mark national and state holidays above the line.
- Mark family celebrations below the line. These include:
- religious holidays
Share Your Timeline with Others!
- Discuss how holidays and family celebrations are alike and different.
- Tell a story about your favorite family celebration.