Adapting to the Land
This activity will help students understand how people adapt to their environment.
Students will consider how the environment affects how people live, identify examples
of human adaptation, and appreciate human-environment interaction.
You can use an
Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
WHAT YOU NEED
WHAT TO DO
Share Your Chart with Others!
- List regions in the U.S. that are very different.
- Draw a landform from each region.
- List ways we adapt to fit our surroundings.
Examples: ways we
- Find or draw pictures that show these things.
- Match each picture to a region.
- Compare regions and discuss how the environment influences how we live.
- Describe ways your community has adapted to fit the environment.
Activity Search |
Reading Center |
Math Center |
Social Studies Center
Education Place |
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom, provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.