Unit E: Observing Objects
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- I Am Water
- Summary: A simple look at the forms water can take: a liquid, a gas, or a solid.
- My Five Senses
- Summary: A simple story about tasting, touching, smelling, hearing, and seeing items.
- What Is It Made Of?
- Summary: As a child and his grandfather put together a bicycle, they see that one thing can be made of many kinds of materials.
- Our Senses
- The five senses and how they help us discover the world are described here.
- Matter: See It, Touch It, Taste It, Smell It
- Readers learn about the different properties of matter and how they change form.
- A simple introduction to materials reinforces the concept with easy experiments.
- Natural and Man-Made
- A simple text explores the differences between objects made of natural materials and objects made of synthetic materials.