Unit D: Looking at the Sky
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- A Tree for All Seasons
- Summary: A maple tree changes as the four seasons come and go.
- The Sky at Night
- Summary: The reader learns about all of the things that can be seen in the night sky.
- Sun Up, Sun Down
- Summary: Ana watches the movement of the Sun across the sky.
- What Makes the Seasons?
- Rhyming text explains why the seasons change and what makes the weather.
- It's Summer!
- A girl observes the coming of summer and its effects on plants, animals, and the weather. See also It's Fall!, It's Winter!, and It's Spring! by the same author.
- The Moon
- Simple words and photos describe the Moon and its phases.
- Sunshine: A Book About Sunlight
- This book offers facts about how the Sun gives us light, warmth, weather, and day and night.