Unit F: Energy, Forces, and Motion
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Elijah McCoy
- Summary: Tells the life story of an inventor who changed railroad technology.
- The Physics of Flying
- Summary: Explains how airplanes get off the ground and stay in the air.
- Waves and Rays
- Summary: Describes the properties of waves in the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Solar Energy
- Solar energy and thermal energy conversion are discussed.
- Fully Charged: Electricity
- The author explains electrical energy.
- Light and Lasers
- Covered are light, lenses, and lasers.
- Science Experiments with Light
- Using common materials, the reader can explore light.
- Janice VanCleave's Gravity
- To explore gravity, the author offers twenty projects.
- Discovering Nature's Laws
- This biography reveals how Newton discovered the law of gravity.
- Force and Motion: From Push to Shove
- Addresses the laws of motion and includes experiments.
- Eyewitness: Force and Motion
- Explains developments in the study of force and motion.