Unit D: Earth in the Universe
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Kalpana Chawla, Astronaut
- Summary: Recounts the biography of the first Indian American woman in outer space.
- Total Eclipse of the Sun
- Summary: Explains how and why lunar and solar eclipses occur.
- High Tide
- Summary: Uses a fictional surfing champion to tour world oceans and describe tides.
- Weather! Watch How Weather Works
- Includes facts, experiments, statistics, and projects.
- Eye of the Storm: Chasing Storms with Warren Faidley
- The story of a professional storm tracker.
- Exploring Our Solar System
- Astronaut Sally Ride guides readers through the solar system.
- How Do We Know How the Stars Shine?
- Astronomy and scientific discoveries are explored.
- Looking for Life in the Universe: The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
- Faraway Worlds: Planets Beyond Our Solar System
- Scientists seek a planet beyond our solar system.