Unit A: Continuity of Life
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Stuck in the Tar Pits
- Summary: Describes the fossil remains that have been found in the La Brea Tar Pits.
- Crime Scene Clues
- Summary: Presents facts about DNA and DNA testing in crime investigation.
- Women Pioneers in Medicine
- Summary: Recounts brief biographies of five women doctors and scientists.
- Plant Classification
- The authors explain how scientists classify plants.
- Classifying Mammals
- A look at how mammals are grouped together.
- How Do We Know the Nature of the Cell?
- A look at how scientists learn about cells.
- Cells and Systems
- Cells of plant and animal life are explained and compared.
- Genes and DNA
- The function of genes, modern genetics, forensics, and cloning are presented.
- Fossil Fish Found Alive: Discovering the Coelacanth
- The coelacanth is an incredible scientific find.
- Digging for Bird Dinosaurs
- A specialist discovers clues that one group of dinosaurs could be the ancestors of birds.