Unit D: Atmosphere and Solar System
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Tornado Chasers
- Summary: Describes the daring and expertise of experts who follow tornadoes.
- Space Wardrobe
- Summary: Explains the science and technology behind dressing for outer space.
- 15 Facts about Stars
- Summary: Presents facts and statistics about the universe and astronomy.
- The Best Book of Weather
- Explores basic and complex weather topics.
- Blizzard: The Storm That Changed America
- A vivid account of the March 1888 blizzard in the Northeast.
- Forecasting the Weather
- A look at the systems used to forecast weather.
- The Moon
- An explanation of the Moon's satellite relationship to Earth.
- Stars and Planets
- Explores the planets and stars of the galaxy and beyond.
- Exploring Saturn
- Describes historical knowledge and studies of Saturn.
- Looking for Life in the Universe
- Jill Tarter works to determine if life exists on other planets.
- Out-of-This-World Astronomy: 50 Amazing Activities and Projects
- An array of facts and activities for beginning sky watchers.