Unit B: Interactions Among Living Things
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Life on the Serengeti
- Summary: A photographer “captures” wild animals on a safari to the Serengeti.
- Summary: A fictional visit to desert, grassland, forest, and tundra biomes.
- Father Eusebio Kino
- Summary: This priest and explorer brought new plants and animals to America.
- Janice VanCleave's Science Around the World
- Activities help explain how climate and geography affect biomes from the African savannas to the South American rainforests.
- Food Chains and Webs
- A look at the interdependence of plants and animals.
- The Dictionary of the Environment and Its Biomes
- Offers an overview of the biomes around the world.
- America's Wetlands: Guide to Plants and Animals
- Describes wetland types, such as ponds, marshes, and swamps, and their plant and animal life.
- Nobody Particular: One Woman's Fight to Save the Bays
- A woman fights to protect a bay from pollutants.
- Life in the Tundra
- Examines the species and plants in the ecosystem of Alaska's North Slope.