Unit F: Energy and Motion
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Rube Goldberg's Machines
- Summary: Rube's cartoons were famous for showing machines that do easy work the hard way.
- How Did the Lights Go Out?
- Summary: This book explores the causes and effects of a blackout.
- Lights On!
- Summary: Find out how much Thomas Edison's inventions have changed our lives.
- Explore how sounds are made by investigating vibration and volume.
- Learn about different kinds of energy, how they change form, and energy conservation.
- Awesome Experiments in Electricity and Magnetism
- This book contains over 70 safe experiments about electricity.
- Magnetism: From Pole to Pole
- The steps of the scientific process help explain the principles of magnetism.
- Experiments with Simple Machines
- Nine experiments demonstrate simple machines found around the home.
- Experiments With Friction
- Ten experiments with everyday objects help the reader understand friction.