Unit C: The Solid Earth
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Famous Rocks
- Summary: This book describes famous rocks, both natural and human-made.
- Summary: Windmills are a good energy source, from grain-grinding to modern wind farms.
- Flash Flood!
- Summary: A family on a camping trip comes prepared for a flash flood.
- Explore how water, wind, glaciers, and other forces shape Earth's surface.
- This book describes the formation and features of igneous rock, metamorphic rock, and sedimentary rock.
- Volcano and Earthquake
- Exciting photos enhance this volcano guide.
- Read about soil's uses and how to protect this important natural resource.
- Conservation and Natural Resources
- Explore Earth's natural resources and ways to use them wisely.
- Common Ground: The Water, Earth, and Air We Share
- This parable raises awareness about the consequences of overusing natural resources.