Unit C: Earth's Surface
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Fishing Family
- Summary: Learn how a family's life changed when an oil spill occurred.
- Still Standing
- Summary: After earthquakes, scientists study how to make buildings safer.
- Mount St. Helens
- Scientists were surprised by how quickly life returned to the land around the volcano.
- Hottest, Coldest, Highest, Deepest
- Journey across Earth's surface from mountains to oceans.
- Crumbling Earth: Erosion and Landslides
- Learn about some forces that change Earth's surface.
- A Handful of Dirt
- This introduction to a precious resource examines soil's composition and the creatures that live in it.
- Resources: Nature's Riches
- Discover Earth's natural resources.
- Common Ground: The Water, Earth, and Air We Share
- People work together to address their need for natural resources.
- Nature in Danger
- Readers learn how they can help protect and conserve Earth's natural resources.