Unit A: Plants, Animals, and People
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- People Parts
- Summary: Readers discover how their body parts help them do things.
- A Trip to the Zoo
- Summary: Readers learn about characteristics of animal groups through a visit to the zoo.
- Antonia Novello, Doctor for the Nation
- Summary: Readers learn how Antonia Novello became the U.S. Surgeon General.
- Flowers, Trees, and Fruits
- Easy activities accompany basic information about plant structure and growth.
- Are Trees Alive?
- Readers discover how trees take in nutrients, grow, and adapt to change.
- Ducks Have Ducklings
- Readers follow a duck from birth to adulthood. See others in the Animals and Their Young series.
- What Do You Do with a Tail Like This?
- Readers learn about the amazing things that animals can do with their body parts.
- The Cycle of Your Life
- Readers learn about things people do at different stages of the life cycle.
- Me and My Amazing Body
- A girl explains how her lungs, heart, and other body parts function.