Make a wind gauge and observe how the wind affects the things around you.
What You Need
What to Do
- Cut out the wind gauge and paste it onto oak tag.
- Cut along the dotted lines and fold along the heavy solid ones.
- Paste a small button onto the pointed end of the arm.
- Every windy day for one week, go outside and stand with the wind in your face. Move the arm so that it is pointing to number 1 and hold the gauge horizontally, with the number 10 near your left hand.
- Record the number the arm points to and observe what the wind does to the things around you. For example, is a small tree bending over or is a flag flapping quickly in the wind?