Think about the things you might do on a real trip. You can do some of the same things for
your armchair travels. Here are some ideas to get you on your way!
- Create and write postcards home to friends.
- Design a T-shirt from the place you visited.
- Draw picture to create a photo album of the people and places you've seen. Copy the scenery
from travel brochures or reference books.
- Keep a journal that tells what you did each day.
- Create a remembrance album with brochures, menus, ticket stubs, maps, and anything else
- Create a "video" of places you've been. Make a series of drawings of
sites you visited.
- Make a calendar for next year. Each month can have a different illustration of an
interesting local feature.
- Decorate a mug or other surface as a souvenir.
- Write a story (or a poem) about something that happened to you.
- Write a travel column for your local paper, describing your trip.
Activity Search |
Reading Center |
Math Center |
Social Studies Center
Education Place |
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom,
provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1997 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.