Social Studies/Art Activity
What better way to have children share information about themselves than
to make trading cards.
WHAT YOU NEED
- An index card or some oak tag
- A ruler
- A photograph of each child
WHAT TO DO
- Have each child measure and cut an index or oak tag card 2 1/2 inches
by 3 1/2 inches.
- Each child should paste his or her photograph on one side of the card.
- Have children write information about themselves on the back. A
sample is shown below.
- Have children decorate the cards. Then laminate the cards or cover
them with clear contact paper.
- Have children share their cards with one
Activity Search |
Reading Center |
Math Center |
Social Studies Center
Education Place |
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom,
provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1997 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.