Grades 2–3: Science Fair Topics
This list is not meant to be all-inclusive. Rather, it should be used to stimulate and encourage other ideas and possibilities on the part of the children. There is certainly lots to explore, lots to discover, and lots to investigate in a science fair.
- How animals grow
- Animals and their young
- Animals in our lives
- Endangered animals
- What do roots, stems, and leaves do?
- Growing and caring for flowers
- The food we get from plants
- How are some plants dangerous?
- Properties of matter
- How does matter change?
- Work, force, and energy
- Pushing and pulling
- How is energy used?
- Simple machines and their uses
- Compound machines and their uses
- How does sound move through matter?
- The earth's crust and how it changes
- Rocks and minerals
- Important natural resources
- Water and the water cycle
- Weather and weather predicting
- Clouds and storms
- The moon and sun
- Planets in the solar system
- Taking care of your body
- Healthy habits
- What are the proper foods to eat?