Unit C: Looking at Earth
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- I Can See
- Summary: A young passenger sees landforms on a cross-country train trip.
- I Can Take Care of the Earth
- Summary: A young child finds simple ways to help the environment.
- Rocks, Rocks, Rocks!
- Summary: Readers learn that rocks come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Recycle Every Day!
- Mina the bunny's family helps her come up with new ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle all kinds of materials.
- Dirt: The Scoop on Soil
- Readers learn about different types of soil and some of the living things that soil supports.
- Under One Rock
- Readers discover a whole community of bugs and other creatures in the soil under one rock.
- An introduction that explores where rocks come from and how they are used.