Unit B: Where Plants and Animals Live
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- A Bear Needs a Place to Climb
- Summary: See bear cubs in their habitats to learn about their basic needs.
- Mouse's Meadow
- Summary: A mouse on its way home meets some animals that live in the meadow.
- Our Home Is the Pond
- Summary: Learn how beavers use the pond environment to meet their needs.
- What's Alive?
- The characteristics of living and nonliving things are clearly and simply presented.
- Animal Babies in Ponds and Rivers
- Otters, ducks, and hippos are some of the animal babies and their mothers featured.
- Over in the Meadow
- This familiar rhyme features a meadow filled with animal mothers and their babies.
- On the Way to the Beach
- As he walks to the beach, a boy observes the plants and animals that thrive in different habitats.