Unit A: Looking at Plants and Animals
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- What Will I Be?
- Summary: See colorful pictures of baby animals and the way they look as adults.
- I Can Hop. Can You?
- Summary: Explore the ways animals and people move.
- A Walk in My Woods
- Summary: Take a tour of the woods and see the many plants and how they grow.
- Seeds! Seeds! Seeds!
- Buddy Bear learns all about how seeds look, germinate, and grow.
- Flowers, Fruits, and Seeds
- Text and photographs describe the parts of plants and what they do.
- Life Cycle of a Turtle
- This book describes the physical characteristics and developmental stages of turtles.
- What Do You Do with a Tail Like This?
- Explore some of the many things animals can do with their eyes, feet, tails, and other parts.