Unit F: Forms of Energy
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- What Does an Electrician Do?
- Summary: Describes how and why an electrician performs specialized tasks.
- Niagara Falls
- Summary: Describes the inner workings of a giant hydroelectric plant at Niagara Falls.
- First Flyers
- Summary: Describes how the Wrights solved problems to perform the first powered flight.
- Sound and Light
- Short experiments explain sound and light.
- Experiments with Energy
- Information on energy is complemented by experiments.
- Really Hot Science Projects with Temperature
- Experiments with temperature.
- Geothermal Power
- Describes the pros and cons of geothermal energy.
- Electricity and Magnets
- Experiments teach about electricity and magnetism.
- Science Experiments with Electricity
- Easy-to-follow experiments teach the principles of electricity.
- Explains friction and other principles of motion.
- The New Way Things Work
- Detailed illustrations explain hundreds of machines.