Unit E: Kinds of Matter
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Marie Curie
- Summary: Recounts the life story of Marie Curie and her scientific discoveries.
- Marvelous Metals
- Summary: Describes the processes used to fashion metals into jewelry.
- It's in the Air
- Summary: Analyzes Earth's atmosphere and the elements of which it is composed.
- Matter and Materials
- Numerous easy experiments help students learn about solids, liquids, and gases.
- The Periodic Table
- The elements that make up the Periodic Table are explained here.
- Matter and Energy: Principles of Matter and Thermodynamics
- Explains the concepts of gravity, energy, and matter.
- Easy-to-follow experiments explore the principles of chemicals.
- States of Matter
- Explains density, melting point, and tensile strength.
- Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- Facts about the states of matter are followed by experiments.