Unit C: Earth Systems
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Wind, Water, and Ice
- Summary: Children observe the effects of erosion and weathering in California.
- The San Francisco Shakes
- Summary: Describes the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and seismology.
- Global Energy
- Summary: Surveys the history and future of various forms of energy.
- The Kingfisher Young People's Book of Planet Earth
- This book focuses on Earth's elements.
- This book presents Earth's major mountain ranges and how they affect weather and climate.
- Explains earthquakes and how scientists try to predict them.
- Volcanoes: Journey to the Crater's Edge
- Depicts the changes on Earth created by volcanoes.
- Introduces soil, its composition, and its importance.
- Water: Our Precious Resource
- Discusses the history of humankind's use of water.