Unit A: The Life Processes
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Barbara McClintock
- Summary: The biography of a genetics pioneer and Nobel Prize winner.
- The Amazing Amoeba
- Summary: A close look at how amoebas get food and water, adapt, and reproduce.
- Through the Cell Wall
- Summary: An exploration of how molecules move through cell walls (Nobel Prize, 2003).
- Cells and Systems
- A look at the parts of cells and how they are organized.
- The Diversity of Life: From Single Cell to Multicellular Organisms
- A look at how cells work together.
- Plant Parts
- The authors explore the world of plants and their various parts.
- The Life and Times of the Peanut
- The author explores the life cycle and history of the peanut.
- The Treasure of Inheritance
- The author discusses how living things inherit traits.