Unit A: Organization of Living Things
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Bringing Up Baby Chimp
- Summary: Mother chimps are the most important teachers for their babies.
- Charles Drew and the Blood Banks
- Summary: Dr. Drew's work led to advances in blood storage and transfusions.
- Training for the Olympics
- Summary: Learn about the healthiest and most effective ways to strengthen muscles.
- Tree of Life: The Incredible Biodiversity of Life on Earth
- Discover the “family tree.”
- Explore the systems used to classify plants and animals.
- Guts: Our Digestive System
- Simon explains the digestive system.
- The Respiratory System
- Learn how the lungs work and how to keep them healthy.
- Incredible Life Cycles
- Explore some unusual plant and animal life cycles.
- Life Cycles
- Discover the life cycles of plants, insects, and other animals.
- Seeds, Stems, and Stamens: The Ways Plants Fit into Their World
- Learn how plants adapt to their environment.
- Mimicry and Camouflage
- Discover how animals use mimicry and camouflage protection.