Unit F: Energy and Change
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Thomas Edison and the Light Bulb
- Summary: Edison made lighting practical and inexpensive for cities.
- Summary: Movements of waves are reviewed in this description of tsunamis.
- Seeing with Heat
- Summary: Infrared radiation is used to “see” things that the human eye cannot see.
- Energy and Power: Hands-On Science
- Learn basic facts about renewable and nonrenewable energy.
- Simple experiments about forms of energy.
- Hot and Cold
- The author of Light and Dark explains basic principles of heat and temperature.
- Light: From Sun to Bulbs
- Discover the properties of light.
- Forces and Motion: Hands-On Science
- Learn about force and motion.
- Learn how objects begin to move, stay in motion, and stop.