Unit E: Matter and Energy
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- What's This Matter?
- Summary: Objects that are solids are described.
- It Must Be Clay
- Summary: The properties of clay and the pottery process are described.
- How Does This Sound?
- Summary: A child identifies and describes a variety of sounds in his environment.
- Matter: See It, Touch It, Taste It, Smell It
- Solids, liquids, and gases are introduced in an accessible way.
- Solids and Liquids
- Facts and experiments invite children to investigate the properties of solids and liquids.
- Readers learn about the states of matter and how matter changes states.
- What Is the World Made Of? All About Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- This look at matter explains each state's attributes and provides examples and simple activities.
- Sounds All Around
- This introduction to the world of sound presents information in an engaging, accessible way.
- Hands-On Science: Sound and Light
- Fun, straightforward experiments related to sound are presented.
- A look at the science of sound includes information about eardrums, vibrations, and volume.
- Experiments With Sound
- Easy experiments help children extend their knowledge about sound.