Unit D: Patterns in the Sky
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- My First Snow
- Summary: A Jamaican girl who has moved north experiences her first snowfall.
- Star Gazing in Our Solar System
- Summary: Objects that can be seen in the night sky and day sky are described.
- Maria Mitchell
- Summary: American astronomer Maria Mitchell discovered a comet and helped other women study astronomy.
- Weather and Climate
- Clear text and activities explain weather and the seasons.
- Sunshine Makes the Seasons
- Readers learn how the Sun's light causes seasonal changes.
- The Best Book of Weather
- Various weather phenomena, including rain and snow, are explained.
- An overview of the weather presents concepts in a clear, straightforward way.
- Solar System
- An introduction to the solar system covers planets, stars, moons, and space flight.
- Sun Up, Sun Down: The Story of Day and Night
- Readers see how a day and night unfold in one family's backyard.
- Next Stop Neptune: Experiencing the Solar System
- This tour of the solar system is filled with facts about planets, moons, and asteroids.
- A boy and his dog learn all about stars, including what makes them so bright.