Unit B: Environments and Energy
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Down by the Stream
- Summary: A young girl describes how plants and animals rely on a stream near her home.
- River Otter
- Summary: Readers learn about the habitat and habits of river otters.
- 7 Ways to Get Energy
- Summary: Readers learn about how plants and animals get the energy they need to survive.
- I See a Kookabura!
- Animals around the world adapt to their habitats in different ways.
- One Small Place in a Tree
- A look at the microcosm of a decaying tree reveals how animals adapt to its demise.
- Nature in the Neighborhood
- Children discover the plants and animals that can be found in their own neighborhoods.
- River Discoveries
- Twenty-four hours in the existence of a river environment are brought to life.
- Plants Feed on Sunlight
- Readers learn the different ways in which plants get energy to grow.
- Energy: Heat, Light, and Fuel
- This book explains different kinds of energy, including the energy that comes from food and water.
- Energy Makes Things Happen
- This primer on different types of energy uses familiar examples for explanation.
- Feel the Power: Energy All Around
- An introduction to the various forms of energy includes the Sun and people power.