Unit A: Plants and Animals
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Marvelous Mammals
- Summary: Mammals share some traits, but come in all shapes and sizes.
- Are They Look-Alikes?
- Summary: Some baby animals look like their parents; other baby animals do not.
- The Life of a Bean
- Summary: A bean plant sprouts from a seed and grows to produce new seeds.
- Photographs accompany facts about seeds.
- Lily's Garden
- Lily and her grandparents share their love of gardening.
- Questions and Answers: Mammals
- This overview of mammals provides information about traits and habits.
- Readers learn about this animal class and its characteristics.
- The Life Cycle of Reptiles
- A look at the life cycles of reptiles includes their characteristics and their habitats.
- Animal Lives: The Frog
- This book explores one year in the life of a frog, explaining its birth, predators, mating habits, and habitat.