Unit E: Describing Matter
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Sink or Float?
- Summary: Readers find out whether different items will sink or float.
- Louis Braille
- Summary: Readers learn how Louis Braille invented the Braille system.
- Summary: Readers explore gases that go into a child's balloon.
- You Can't Taste a Pickle With Your Ear: A Book About Your 5 Senses
- Readers learn how they can use their fives senses to explore the world around them.
- Magnets: Pulling Together, Pushing Apart
- Readers discover how magnets attract and repel objects.
- You Can Use a Magnifying Glass
- Readers explore how they can observe objects using magnifying glasses.
- Sinking and Floating
- Readers learn the principles behind why objects sink or float.
- What's the Matter in Mr. Whiskers' Room?
- Readers follow Mr. Whiskers' students as they uncover key ideas about matter.
- Matter: See It, Touch It, Taste It, Smell It
- Readers discover how solids, liquids, and gases change form.
- Temperature: Heating Up and Cooling Down
- Readers learn basic facts about temperature.
- Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- Readers explore the different forms of matter through everyday examples.