Unit D: Weather and the Sky
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Time to Sleep
- Summary: Readers compare and contrast the sleeping habits of animals.
- Measuring Weather
- Summary: Readers learn which instruments are used for measuring different types of weather.
- Summary: Readers explore how different clouds form and sometimes result in rain.
- Sunshine Makes the Seasons
- Readers learn how the Sun's light creates seasonal changes.
- Down Comes the Rain
- Readers look at the water cycle, learn how clouds form, and learn why rain and hail occur.
- The Weather Watcher
- Readers explore some of the tools meteorologists use to study the weather
- Shapes in the Sky
- Readers learn how different types of clouds form.
- The Moon
- Readers explore the Moon's phases and how the Moon affects Earth
- Readers learn facts about stars, including why stars are so bright.
- Planets Around the Sun
- Readers accompany a science writer on a tour of the solar system.
- Readers explore the Sun, including how it impacts day and night