Unit C: Earth, Our Home
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- 7 Uses for Air
- Summary: Readers find out about ways to use air.
- What Makes a Garden Grow?
- Summary: Readers learn how a boy helps his parents plant and tend a garden.
- We Can Recycle
- Summary: Readers learn about items that can be recycled.
- Readers learn about the composition and importance of soil.
- My Best Book of Fossils, Rocks and Minerals
- Readers explore Earth's natural riches.
- Dirt: The Scoop on Soil
- Readers find out about different types of soil, such as sand, silt, and clay.
- Readers learn how rocks are formed and used.
- Air: Outside, Inside, and All Around Us
- Readers discover what air can do, including making balloons float and ears pop.
- Waste Not: Time to Recycle
- Readers learn about the importance of recycling, including easy ways to recycle.
- Readers explore the natural cycles of soil and water and how people can help nature's recycling process.
- Rising Up, Falling Down
- Readers learn how the cycle of evaporation, condensation, and precipitation provides fresh water to Earth.