Unit B: Living Things and Where They Live
The books listed below may be available through publishers, distributors such as bookstores or online retailers, or library systems.
Leveled Independent Science Books
- Living Things
- Summary: Readers learn about the needs and characteristics of living things.
- Sylvia Earle: First Lady of the Sea
- Summary: Readers find out how Sylvia Earle explored oceans and marine life.
- Desert Life
- Summary: Readers learn about plants and animals that live in the desert.
- Living and Nonliving
- This book provides a simple explanation of the characteristics of living and nonliving things.
- A Cool Drink of Water
- Brief text and photos show how people in cultures all over the world use and conserve water.
- Food Found All Around
- This introduction to food chains explains how living things satisfy a basic need.
- Castles, Caves, and Honeycombs
- Rhyming text describes some of the unique places animals make their homes.
- Around One Cactus
- A cactus is a haven for a whole community of desert creatures, including owls and gila monsters.
- Wetland Animals
- This look at wetlands presents some of the animals found there and their ecological importance.
- Forest Animals
- Readers learn about the habitat and habits of some animals who make the forest their home.
- The Ocean Is…
- To the animals that live in it, the ocean is much more than just a huge body of water.