- Make sure you have plenty of manipulatives for the children to use. They don't need to be purchased materials, they can be things such as buttons, coins, blocks, beads, bread tags, and so on.
- Keep your materials organized in tubs or other containers. Keep pattern strips or ready-made patterns with the materials.
- Take a walk through the school or outside and encourage the children to become good observers.
- Play games that use patterns, or have the children do art projects where they use patterns.
- Set aside an area for patterning. Change the materials and patterns to keep the interest growing.