Turn a plain T-shirt into a Me-shirt!
- Roll of brown packing paper
- Plain, light-colored T-shirt
- Permanent markers or paints designed for use on clothing
- Smocks to protect clothing
- Talk about things that tell about who you are, such as your name, things you like to do, a favorite place, family members, or even a pet. Then choose one or a few of these things to draw on a T-shirt. Sketch the idea on a piece of paper first.
- Roll out some packing paper on a table to protect it, and place a T-shirt on top. Be sure to smooth out any wrinkles.
- Use the markers or paint to carefully draw your design on the shirt.
- Let the paint or ink dry thoroughly, and you're ready to show off your Me-shirt to family and friends.
- Display the Me-shirt as a work of art in your home.
- Have a "Me-shirt" party. Invite friends over to create Me-shirts! Then organize a Me-shirt Fashion Show.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.