Store your summer memories forever!
- A shoe box
- Wrapping paper, wallpaper, cloth
- Stickers, feathers, glitter, etc.
- Old magazines to cut up, photographs, old post cards
- A glue gun (optional, but helpful)
- Glue wrapping paper, wallpaper, or cloth to the outside of the shoe box (including the lid).
- Decorate the box with items you have around the house. Think summertime and fun when you decorate.
- Label the lid with your name and the date.
- Throughout the summer, collect and store reminders of special days and activities in your box. The items might include ticket stubs, seashells, photographs, post cards, and awards, etc.
- Take your box out from time to time and sort through the items to relive the summer fun you had.
- Use the memory box to prepare for a school essay called, "What I Did Over My Summer Vacation."
- For easier storage, make a memory journal instead.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.